Whether you are building a new home or have an established home, Pro Air Environmental, LLC will ensure the comfort system for you particular project is the right one for your application. Let the experts at Pro Air Environmental match your comfort needs to the many cooling and heating systems that are available. Choosing a new system is one of the most important and costly decision a homeowner can make. A properly designed comfort system will provide indoor comfort all year round.
Do it right the first time, call Pro Air Environmental and a residential consultant will meet with you at a mutually convenient time.
Repair or Replace
Deciding whether to repair or replace your cooling and/or heating system? Consider asking yourself the following questions:
1) Is my existing system efficient?
Energy Star qualified central air conditioning units, based on the SEER of the units, offer a substantial savings in both energy use and monthly costs on your electric bill. Consider the following savings (based on one 3 ton unit):
- An 13 SEER compared to a 10 SEER unit will save up to $145.00 per cooling season, with a payback on investment in 3.8 years.
- An 16 SEER compared to a 10 SEER unit will save up to $194.00 per cooling season, with a payback on investment in 2.9 years.
- An 18 SEER compared to a 10 SEER unit will save up to $218.00 per cooling season, with a payback on investment in 2.5 years.
Most outdoor condensing units are rated at 10 SEER if manufactured before January 23, 2006. Just think of the savings on your energy bills with a new, high efficiency system and the cost of the equipment paying for itself in such a short period of time.
2) Do I have to replace the indoor coil as well?
The SEER standards addresses the entire air conditioning system and not just a portion. Indoor coil must be matched to the outdoor condensing unit.
3) My system breaks down often and chances are very good it will break down again. Should this be a factor in replacement?
Yes, consistant breakdowns means added expense for emergency calls. Besides, constant breakdowns can lead to possible damage to the other components of your heating and cooling system.
Now ask yourself how long you've been experiencing this unexpected, extra out of pocket expenses that you may avoided with equipment upgrade.